Skip to main content

Don’t Forget The Little Ones

 For many students, the final weekend of their summer break is almost upon them, and as usual, it is a time that is mixed with happiness and sadness for students and family members.

Some students will be moving on to another grade, while others will be away from daddy and mummy for the first time.

Yes, some tears will flow willingly and unwillingly from students and parents. However, it may also flow from the least expected sources, and one such source is preschool siblings.

We do not usually remember a lot of the things we did between the ages of one and five, and one of the very few things that I remember from this period in my life is the first day that my older sister went to school.

Well, it was time for my sister to go to school, and I remember how excited I was as I walked down the road with my mother and sister as my sister shook her lunch box as she walked.

When we finally reached the school, it was surrounded by a chain-link fence, and the bell was ringing. Well, my sister walked through the gate, and I was stepping in behind her when my mother bent down and lifted me into her arms.

Well, I thought she would carry me into the yard, but she just stepped out of the way for the other children to pass and then stood waving goodbye to my sister.

Well, when my little brain finally realized that my sister was leaving me, well, at least that’s how I saw it, you know what happened next.

Yes, I began to cry and cry and cry. My poor mother, I don’t think she was expecting it.

Don’t forget that it is a good idea to prepare younger siblings for this stage in their older brothers' and sisters' lives.

Nevertheless, if they do cry, do not be too surprised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Care

In Paris, an 18-month-old baby boy, who was left in an apartment with his three-year-old sister while their parents went for a stroll, fell out of a window. The baby fell from the eighth floor. He fell through the window, bounced off the awning of a restaurant and landed in the arms of someone who was walking by. The baby did not seem to have suffered any physical injury. Wow!  Thank the Lord.

Andorra – A Shared Country

Andorra is sandwiched between France and Spain, and it is co-governed by the President of France and the Bishop of Urgell, who is in Spain.  Although Andorra has accommodations for a few helicopters, there are no airports here.  In fact, its closest airports are in France and Spain.  Therefore, those desiring to visit this country must travel through France or Spain and then travel by land, to get here. Perhaps due to sharing governmental powers, this country also shares the postal system.  France’s post boxes in this country are yellow, while Spain’s are red. 

Luxembourg – Workforce

Luxembourg has three official languages, and they are Luxembourgish, German and French. Additionally, almost half of the country’s workforce is made up of workers who live in Belgium, France and Germany.   Yes, most of these workers boardercross, daily, to get to their jobs and then return home at the end of the workday, in another country.